Wednesday 8 July 2009

Michael Jackson's death

I’ve been following the media coverage of Michael Jackson’s death. It was a shock to hear of his death. Michael Jackson was part of my childhood. I remember watching him as part of the ‘Jackson Five’. I was so excited when I first heard ‘Off the wall’. I was mesmerized by Billie Jean, ‘Beat it’, and so in awe when I saw ‘Thriller’ for the first time. As a kid I used to copy his every move and he did remind me a little of Peter pan. I always thought Michael was a very handsome Afro -American. That’s the Michael Jackson I remember.

Like everything else in life you loose interest, get busy and then suddenly you hear a news flash of his passing. Being a parent, my heart goes out to his orphaned children. I’m sure the Jackson family will take good care of them and give them the grounding they need.

No comments:

Post a Comment