Friday 4 December 2009

Elizabeth Cochrane of Greene&Heston Literary Agency

Yesterday Elizabeth Cochrane of Greene& Heaton Literary Agency gave a wonderful talk on how to get published. I have to admit a lot of what she said I already knew. But, I thought her light hearted witty approach kept the evening enjoyable and very entertaining. I did pick up a few tips on how to write a good covering letter. Overall her advice was to keep the writing style simple, but have a powerful plot and you’ve got good chance of getting published.

Well, ok she didn’t exactly say it like that but you know what I mean! Oh yeah! We mustn't forget you can't be the other 95% of unpublished writers to achieve success in publishing. Well, that’s if you believe what the statistics tell you. My attitude is keep the dream alive and anything is possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment