Saturday 29 August 2009

Ramadan and Winners in the Family!

It's our blessed month of Ramadan. We follow the lunar calendar to decide when Ramadan should begin. We’re going into the summer months for fasting and you learn to cope with the sudden change in eating habits. We begin fasting before sunrises and break it at sunset. Yes, can you imagine getting up at three in the morning to eat and breaking fast close to eight in the evening? I shouldn’t really complain as there are plenty of people around the world who can't break their fasts, which does help you to keep going. Ruqayyah my youngest has managed to keep three off her own accord. We are on our eighth fast and there are twenty two to go!http://gfx2.hotmail.com/mail/w3/ltr/emoticons/smile_omg.gif

Besides the fasting, I've got some good news to share. Eemaan and Ruqayyah (my two daughters) decided to enter for a fantasy story competition run by Leicester Libraries. Guess what? They both won first prize! With no help from me, Eemaan had to do a story with graphic illustrations. She did a story on pirates with sea demons and sea dragons etc...etc. She's a good artist and I'm so proud. Ruqayyah had to draw a fantasy library of her choice. She has a great imagination. I wonder where she gets it from?http://gfx2.hotmail.com/mail/w3/ltr/emoticons/smile_sarcastic.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment